Sunday, January 20, 2013

Shame, shame.

I am the worst procrastinator but somehow I just get lucky enough. My boyfriend was on the john and they come to shut our water off. Luckily he makes outside just in the knick of time to pay the bill (2 months worth). Oooooooops. Yikes. I don't think I've ever paid a bill so late that they were going to come shut it off! A few months ago, I signed up for paperless bills on my Lawrence Utility account. Big mistake. They are set to my work email and I get tons per day. I have been pretty busy at work learning my new job, I didn't even notice the warnings or statements. Trying to save the environment and I had just come accustomed to doing it from the mail. I will be changing my preferences to avoid this in the future. My boyfriend obviously wasn't thrilled but he didn't even tell me how irresponsible I was. I felt like the biggest failure but on the bright side it did not get turned off, I will not ever do that again, and we weren't charged too many extra fees. $5.

 The next day, a friend of ours calls and says they are coming from out of town. I call my boyfriend to see if he knows about this and his phone is shut off! OMG. Again? I checked his account and paid the bill immediately, thank goodness I have most of my stuff memorized. Strike two.

I even have a pretty good system about paying the bills. It's just taking the time to cross my ts and dot my i's.  I am writing about it in hopes that my shame will prevent me from doing it again. I guess I need to get my organization board done!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment