Sunday, January 27, 2013

My babies aren't babies anymore!

Every day my kids awe me with something they know or learn. I need to write more things down because as the days go by instead of it surprising me, they just perfect their little ways. Too smart for their own good but each different with how they learn. Carter knows so much, today he and Katelyn put on a circus for me, dancing around and using Katelyn's DJ keyboard for music. He told me that I was the circus audience. He is always coming up with something to play or do. His favorites are still the classics freeze tag, and hide and seek. It's funny because he hides in the most obvious places and Katelyn finds him right off the bat. He tells me "let's play hide and seek and you count and say hmm where Carter be?" So Katelyn and I will hunt around usually pretending we don't see him for awhile and Katelyn will say "Hmmm'" it's just the cutest thing.

Katelyn doesn't miss anything. She understands everything we say and is saying new words every day! Yesterday she said "polka dot" plain as day. Today she let me paint her fingernails and she sat so still and smiled each time I was done with a finger. She also helps Carter on his potty training! She is the first one to the bathroom door when I tell Carter to go potty. She tries to go too and says " I did it!" just like Carter. It was her first 3 word sentence. She has outgrown most of her baby stuff and pretty much her high chair too. It kind of makes me sad but I love seeing what she comes up with next. She plays right along Carter and can keep up with most everything he does (if we let her!) She goes vrrooom vrooom playing with the cars.

Today we went to a wedding! Carter has been to one wedding, our friend Josh and Miranda's when he was a little. Otherwise, I have always gotten sitters or went solo, so it was a first for us to go as a family. They both behaved so well. Carter sat by Mema and played on his computer and Katelyn sat on dad's lap playing with his sunglasses. It was nice to see family that we don't too often!



I almost have my organization project done so I will post pictures soon! I don't think I did it step by step enough for a tutorial but I will link up where I found it at! I also finally finished some coasters I made for the Gunnels for Christmas! I wanted them done by today when we stopped by but that didn't happen! It's always nice to chat with Carie and her kiddos entertain mine so that's a double bonus! I love my life and the people in it!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet that Katelyn enjoyed getting her nails polished! It is a little sad that your babies aren't such babies anymore. I love their personalities coming out- they are the coolest. <3

    ReplyDelete