Monday, July 29, 2013

Little moments


My little ones are always amazing me with something new or sweet.

Last week Carter pulled out a piece of twizzler out of his pocket and said "Here mommy, this is for you".
Dad told me that he had been saving it since the morning to give to me. It was truly sweet. I have a hard time saving candy myself so I could imagine it would take some good self control for a 3 year old to save it all day long.

And then there's this..

I heard Carter getting in trouble after bedtime hugs and when Dad came out I asked what was the matter and he tells me that he had said "Good night, Carter" and Carter says " Good night, f*cker" ...

Oh my goodness. Well, I couldn't help but think it was a wee bit hilarious partially because of shock and especially because he did not learn that word from me! We try our best not to drop f bombs or say words that we don't want him to but this is just crazy. Dad was much more mature and didn't laugh and scolded like he should have so hopefully no more f bombs from Carter.

Katelyn is growing up too and always testing her limits. I have to remind myself daily not to get too frustrated at her little independence and that it will serve her well in life. She just wants to do EVERYTHING her brother does. While this makes me proud when often she is able to- Sometimes, that's not so feasible. Saturday while we were going to Walmart - Carter informs me that he is a "grown up" and grown ups don't sit in shopping carts. True that. So Katelyn gives me the look and I'm like no way, Katelyn you are definitely getting into the cart. So after 5 minutes of attempting to put her in the cart in the middle of the parking lot while she cries and moves her legs every which way to avoid it.. I manage to buckle her in and move on my way. It was a successful shopping trip, and both of my helpers did a great job. Every single item we got (sans eggs and milk), Carter took from me, handed to Katelyn, and she chucked it in the cart. It was actually a fun assembly line :)







No comments:

Post a Comment