Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ready, Set..

This is my attempt of keeping myself accountable on menu planning, couponing, and other aspects that I just plain put off until tomorrow. Working full time has given me the excuse to last a lifetime. Although I would much rather spend my time after work playing with Carter than cutting coupons, I also spend ample time watching reality tv, and sitting on my bum. If I write it down, I have to do it -right?

I plan on using other couponing blogs/websites to find deals, menu plan, and then schedule my shopping trips to get the most bang for my buck. Many moms do the leg work themselves - kudos to them! But I will link the websites I find to give them credit, of course. With baby number two on the way, it is the perfect time to organize my home-making skills.

Now if they just had a blog that would come clean your house.

2 comments:

  1. When we were all little my mom had a "coupon caddie". Every weekend when the Sunday paper came (we usually just nabbed my grandmas) we would clip all the coupons and put them in the caddie. She made it almost like a game for us! I know little man is still probably a little too young to help with the clipping, but one of these days you can make him do some of the legwork! It will probably also get him excited about meal planning too (ie. he can choose a few things that he really wants, as long as he can find a coupon!) good luck girl! Those extremem coupon women are my idols! lol If only I had the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week it was really fun clipping coupons! I think next week I am just going to file away the inserts since most sites tell you when the inserts came to match up. Carter likes to tag along, no matter what I do so I know he will love participating later too. The extreme couponing is what motivated me! I am excited to really start saving money!

    ReplyDelete