Friday, May 6, 2011

Tator Tot Casserole..Go!

I am beginning to see why coupon savers become so addicted! It's a great feeling to get something for free, even if it's just a bar of soap or a toothbrush.

I also signed up for a year free of Maxim for my boyfriend. Thanks, Mamas on a Dime! Click on the link to receive one yourself! Free Maxim!

I can't wait for the coming weeks so I will already have coupons. I am missing out on some great deals now because I hadn't started in March. I don't want to use coupon clipping sites, just yet. They charge about 10%.

It took almost all week but I have my to do list nearly complete. I need to tackle the dishes tonight before my boyfriend leaves me for a woman who does them! Ha. We discussed switching our duties - I cook for awhile and he will clean up. I am determined to prove him wrong that he's a better cook. I think if he's the one doing dishes, he will stop using plates for his PB&J's. :)

Tonight we're having Tator Tot Casserole. Perhaps next week I will do a better job at keeping to my planned menu. This just sounds soo tasty! I originally found the idea from Duggar Family Blog; but used the recipe that someone posted in the comments.

32 Oz. of Tator Tots
1.5lbs of hamburger
16 Oz. of Sour Cream
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom
1-2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Depends on how much cheese you like)
6 Oz. Can of French's French Friend Onions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook hamburger. While cooking hamburger, mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup together. In a 9x13 glass casserole dish layer ingredients like this, starting from the bottom and working up: tator tots, cooked hamburger, and spread cream of mushroom soup/sour cream mix on top. Put in the oven for 45 minutes (if you like crispy tator tots). At end of 45, take out top with cheddar cheese and french fried onions, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment